Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Recap of Jamie Campbell Bower and Cassandra Clare's Twitter Q&A with Glamour UK

Jamie Campbell Bower and Cassandra Clare got together with Glamour Magazine UK to do a QA session on twitter. Although this Q&A was for City of Bones, they talk about returning (to Toronto) at the end of September for City of Ashes!
Here is a recap from this morning (for us)/noon (for UK)'s Q&A:
Which characters are the best role models in The Mortal Instruments?Cassandra Clare: Each has something different to teach people.
How hard was it doing stunts? Have you recovered?Jamie Campbell Bower: Very difficult and no, I’m still sore and going back to do number two [City of Ashes]!
Best joke on set?Jamie: We had a lot of private ones, but none made much sense. I was probably the biggest joker.

Favorite and least favorite things about Jace?Cassie: Favourite – that he’s loyal. Least favourite he doesn’t think before he acts.
Jamie: Most favourite is his vulnerability; least favourite – the same as Cassie.
How did the idea of this book series come about?Cassie: I was inspired after going to magical New York City.
Jamie, you’ve said Lily is amazing as Clary, what was your favourite scene to film with her?Jamie: The Greenhouse scene.
If you could play any other character, who would you play?Cassie: Magnus!
Jamie: Madame Dorethea.
Has the character of Jace inspired or changed you?Jamie: A lot. There are parts of Jace in me that I didn’t know existed.
What was it that made Jamie’s audition stand out?Cassie: Jace goes through lots of emotional changes & Jamie was the only person I saw who could do that.
What was your favourite weapon to play with and why?Jamie: The staff, because I’ve never wielded a staff before.
Do you feel more identified with Jace before or after meeting Clary?Jamie: After.
Cassie, could you give any hints to the plot of the last book?Cassie: We leave this world entirely, for a different world.
What’s the #1 perk of being a shadowhunter?Jamie: Leather.
If you could be any of the characters from City Of Bones who would you be?Cassie: Someone mundane & not in danger Jamie: The cat, Church.
Jamie, is it true that you got a rune tattoo?Jamie: It’s not true. I’m getting a tattoo but I'm not getting a rune. I know what I’m getting.
Best Jace line?Jamie: “To love is to destroy” – it’s pretty accurate.
Cassie: “If you want me to rip my clothes off you should have just asked.”
Jamie, any plans for releasing some of your music on iTunes?Jamie: Yes, lots of plans.
Cassie, did your perception of the characters change after seeing the film?Cassie: Yes, when I’m writing I picture the actors.
Shadowhunter, vampire, warlock, werewolf or mundane?Jamie: Shadowhunter.
Cassie: Warlock.
What are you looking forward to, in the City of Ashes film?Cassie: The court scene
Jamie: The development of characters
Which celebrity do you think is secretly a shadowhunter?Cassie: David Bowie
Jamie: The Hoff
Would you consider doing a song for the soundtrack?Jamie: Absolutely. Unfortunately it didn’t happen this time.
When are you back training for City of Ashes?Jamie: Right now. It’s killing me. I shouldn’t have eaten that pizza yesterday.
Cassie, how do you make the decision of kill a character? How do you feel after?Cassie: I know from the start, there’s an arc.
If you were a warlock what would be your mark?Cassie: Gills so I can find treasure underwater. I love scuba-diving but I hate all the equipment.
Jamie, what was your first reaction when you found out you got cast?Jamie: I was shocked. I was prepared for a 'no'. I opened a celebratory beverage, watching Eurovision.
When are you going to start filming City of Ashes?
Jamie: End of September.
Which actor do you look up to?
Jamie: Old school actors & generally actresses. I love Audrey Hepburn.
Cassie, who inspired you for the character of Jace?
Cassie: A bit Mr Darcy & Heathcliffe and a bit of people I’ve met in real life.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Google+